J . Alejandro Rodriguez
Seeking a position as a 3D Animator.
Zynga Inc, San Francisco, CA
Senior Animator Jan 2012 – Current
· Create 3D Character Animations using Maya and 3DSMax.
· Biped and Quadruped Character Rigging.
· Animation Pipeline planning and implementation.
· Unity Asset Integration.
· Creation of Mecanim state graphs in Unity.
· Create and support Python and MEL scripts for scene management, animation transfer, and exporting.
Hi5 Networks, San Francisco, CA
Art Director, June 2011 – September 2011
· Plan and oversee the creation of a new Avatar System
· Create Style Guides to be used by contractors
· Supervise and provide feedback for Outsourcing Contractors
· Low Poly Character Modeling for Avatar Prototypes
· Create Character Rigs, and Facial Rigs
· Create Character Animations for social interactions
· Work with a programmer to create an asset processing pipeline from Maya to Flash
Electronic Arts, Redwood City, CA
Animator, Apr 2010 – May 2011
· Character Animation for Sims Medieval
· Character Animation for Sims TV spots and Online Promos
· State Graph Creation and Debugging for asset integration
· Character Rigging and Skinning for Sims Medieval
RedBana US, San Francisco, CA
Animator/Lead Animator, August 2008 –February 2010
· Character Animator for Hellgate: London, and an Unannounced Project
· Restructuring of the Hellgate Animation Pipeline
· Creation of a new Animation Pipeline for new Titles
· Direction of Animation Dailies
· Instruct other animators in the use of SoftImage CAT Animation Package
· Character Rigging
· Instruct other animators in rigging practices by providing mentoring and supporting documentation
· Implemented an “intelligent” rig structure through the use of meta-data nodes.
· Served as Liaison between the animators, the lead team, and the Tech Art team
· Provide Animation Scheduling
· Create Animation Trees
· Switched the Animation Pipeline from 3dsmax to Maya
· Work with the Design team to propose new game ideas for proposals.
L5Games, San Mateo, CA
Animator, July 2008 – August 2008
· Character Animation for Blue Sky Studio’s Ice Age Online
· Rigging for biped and quadruped characters
· Co-directed Daily animation critique meetings
Electronic Arts, Redwood City, CA
Animator, September 2007 – May 2008
· Character Animation for an upcoming The Sims 2 expansion pack
· Character Animation for The Sims 2 FreeTime expansion pack
Cinematico, San Francisco, CA
Animator, May – September 2007
· Character Animation in cut scenes for Dreamworks Bee Movie Game
· Motion capture cleanup, rigging, skinning, and texturing for Adult Swim’s Xavier, Renegade Angel
Andromeda Productions, Miami, FL
3D Graphics Artist and Animator, August 2004
· Developed an animated sequence for the film Red Bird using Camera Matching in 3D Studio Max
Office Manager and 2nd Assistant Director, July – August 2003
· Managed the pre-production and shooting budgets and schedules for the film Red Bird
· Served as liaison and assistant for the film director and producer
· Coordinated a 20-person crew during shooting to minimize the loss of production time
· Assisted in the hiring process of talent and production team
Lyra Studios, Los Angeles, CA
Intern, June – November 2003
· Developed graphical user interfaces and textured game menus using XML for Underlight 3D
Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA
Master of Fine Arts in 3D Animation, May 2007
Animation Mentor, Berkeley, CA
Levels 1 through 4.
Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne, FL
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Cum Laude, May 2004
· Maya, 3D Studio Max, Character Studio, Character Animation Toolkit
· C++, Java, Html, MAXScript, MEL
· 3D Game Studio, Unreal Editor
· Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel Painter
HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
· Work exhibited at the Academy of Art Spring Show 2006, 2007
· Association of Computing Machinery Student Chapter President
· SIGGRAPH 2002 Student Volunteer
· Publication of 3D art on The Belletrist Magazine
260 Caldecott Lane #213 Oakland, CA 94618
( 5 1 0 ) 6 3 7 – 8 3 2 9